PC Based Software Services
When Proprietary Software Isn’t Enough
Here at Adbro, we understand that sometimes vendor-specific software can fall somewhat short of the requirements needed for complex control systems. That is why, in addition to proprietary software expertise, we consider it our duty to also be able to offer software solutions that are not reliant on any one particular vendor, but which can also operate across multiple vendors. We also have the ability to provide complex stand-alone solutions to provide truly flexible and adaptable systems.
Using the latest PC technology, we can provide a PC based solution to compliment a PLC/SCADA/HMI solution or to operate as standalone systems in a variety of operating formats including embedded systems.
Complementary systems include:
- Relational database systems for long-term storage of data
- Bespoke OPC servers for filed devices that do not have a supplied driver
- Bespoke operator interface devices. These can be a more practical solution for the OEM’s which use standardised interfaces as the cost of traditional SCADA/HMI systems is reduced and in some cases eliminated.
Stand-alone systems include:
- Data capture systems which collect their data from a variety of vendors and instrumentation across networks such as industrial Ethernet, Profibus etc. or via on-board I/O.
- Soft PLC systems which utilise PC technology as a platform for either a virtual PLC or a dedicated module that resides in a PC slot and emulates traditional PLC CPU systems.
- Motion control systems that reside as a module in the PC and provide the closed loop control and operator interface features to compliment the drive controllers and feedback systems.